Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kindle Lover!

Some of my friends are die-hard book lovers, but others have fallen in love with e-book readers, as I have.  There's nothing like having an entire library at my fingertips at the push of a button.  I have the old style Kindle, not the Kindle Fire, which is backlit. I have to read with a light on and I fall asleep that way sometimes, so really I think I'd love to get a Kindle Fire someday.

This is what I have:



And this is what I have on my Wish List!



So, yes, I am actively trying to convert my paper book addicted friends to Kindle.  Hey, I grew up downwind from a paper mill -- not a pleasant experience!  I'd say "let's save trees," but I'm aware that's not really what happens. Reducing the need for virgin timber just means tree farm owners go out of business and sell their land to developers, unless you allow the government to step in and usher the sale over to a conservatory group.

But, I digress ...

 In spite of the fact that it doesn't really save trees the way things are now, I still think cutting down the need for stinky paper mills is a winner, don't you?

Some of my friends are waiting for me to print out my manuscript before they will read it, or go into print with CreateSpace.  I'm planning to go with the second plan, as it is actually much cheaper to print a book on CreateSpace than it is to go to Staples and print out my manuscript in loose leaf, but I'd still like to see my friends get Kindles.  I've been an e-book reader fan since the Bookman had its inglorious debut and death. So, c'mon!  Get with it!  Light a fire under your ... um... well, I mean, get a Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment