Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Walker by Michael Langlois




I enjoyed this novel very much! The concept was intriguing from the very beginning, the characters unique and interesting, the world settings nicely detailed. This writer knows how to grab his reader by the lapels from the first page, too!

The main character is a likeable man, wonderfully blunt, with hard-core integrity. He loves his mother! I love this man. We need more men like this in real life.

One thing I'd like to have seen a little more of was a bit more romance. I know it's a science fiction novel, but I've seen other authors go there, so why not? I think there was room for it, and there seems to be some set up for it. Maybe in the next book?

No spoilers, but some of the scenes that set up the danger that he was facing were so intense I felt them in my gut. Ugh. I liked that the author did come to a resolution, yet still left room for a series with this character.
Good story! I want to see more from this author.

I gave it four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment