Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Four Star, Five Star, What's the Dif?

So, today I was talking with Clint about that 4 star rating, trying to pin down how to make my book better and get a 5 star.  Basically, he says it's great, he can't tell me how to make it better, he just has this thing about "perfection."  Not sure I understand, maybe he thinks the other people that will review it behind him will be nit-picky and he'll lose cred?

I guess?

He says he's going to hold me to that promise of a sequel and jokingly says he's holding out for that to really make a commitment.  Ha!

I asked him if he was able to "figure it out" and he said he wasn't, which was good.  I wrote my characters true to form, but I managed to keep the man behind the curtain until I was ready for him to pop out!  Good!

So essentially, it WAS a five star, I think.  

Okay, so I'm brainstorming today about the sequel.  I can't go into too much detail on my thoughts about it here because I'd be tossing out spoilers, but I have some good ideas.  First, I need to pin down what I really want this story to MEAN.  I had a very important message in "Sorcerer's Vendetta" that I wanted to share, so now I wonder if I can take my readers to the next level.

I'm going to tell you a secret.  "Sorcerer's Vendetta" is not about what you think it's about. Sounds like a revenge story, right?  Bad-ass, blow the crap out of the completely evil turd who pisses you off, right?

Nope.  You'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment